Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen - Christopher McDougall For the longest time I couldn't understand why this book was so popular. It actually took me until 60% until I finally got interested in it, and that was because that's when various kinds of facts started showing up. The personal stories about this and that marathon runner didn't particularly grab me, but details on Nike and the whole running shoe industry, the idea that not wearing shoes may actually be the key to healthy feet, etc. I'm glad I read this because it inspired me to find out more about ways to rebuild your foot valve (since I hardly have any), on not only running techniques, but *walking* techniques as well. The book has a very, very good point: people don't just automatically know how to run because they are human. Running is a skill that needs perfecting, just like any other sport. The shoe/foot things, the evolutionary arguments for running as well as super food details were what made me like the book. I almost gave up on it because these things took so long to make an appearance, and because the "funny", "snappy" style of the author really didn't sit well with me.

All in all, very interesting.