The Morning Star (Shadow of the Templar, #1) - M. Chandler The Morning Star seemed promising in the beginning. Then I'm not even sure what happened, but all of a sudden it was all-out James Bond save the world crap and I couldn't even be bothered to make sure what happened, so I skimmed the last 20 percent, because in a review, I have to make sure I cover all sorts of scenes before I trash the book altogether. There's no personal life-part, it's all action, and I really, really couldn't care less about some exaggerated plot where federal agents apparently just kill everything in sight (with well-described shots to the head nonetheless!) while making chit chat and being humorous. Without actually being humorous. (=Failure.)

How about just a little bit of realism, hm? This reads like a budget Hollywood action movie, and I do my best to stay away from those. When people were hiding in rooms trying to kill each other I couldn't even understand who was where, what the fuck the room looked like, and I just got the feeling they were stalling everything they did in order to fit in more ridiculous Good Guy vs. Villain dialogue.

Perhaps the author is good at writing more mundane stuff, at writing normal dialogue or smut or whatever (because the beginning wasn't bad, only a bit confusing with real names, code names, and like 7 people to keep track of), but I don't really know, cause all there is here is boring action.

Action shouldn't be boring. Something is seriously wrong when the action part is boring.