Captive Prince: Volume One (Captive Prince, #1) - S.U. Pacat,  C.S. Pacat This could easily have gotten 4 stars if it had been more well-done, more intricate, more enticing - but it lacks something. It is simply not compelling enough. Not enough happens, or not enough time is allowed to pass between events to actually build some tension and develop the characters. I suspect it may have been a poor idea to split this into two books, since part 2 possibly makes up for the shortcomings of part 1, (and part 1 is a very short book). I kept waiting for something grand to happen, and then the book was finished all of a sudden. And nothing grand happened.

There is some intriguing stuff here, mostly represented by Laurent. Or OK, ONLY represented by Laurent. He's the type of character I like. Damon, on the other hand, is as boring as they get with his high morals and pride. I will, therefore, read part 2 just for the sake of Laurent. Also, I cannot think of a character that is more boring to read about than Erasmus. I really have no idea why he all of a sudden got a chapter of his own.