Lover Revealed - J.R. Ward I like the background story in this series, and that (as it seems to me) there is less focus on the lessers' POV in this particular book, but the romance part is ALWAYS the same. It's not getting old, it has been old for quite some time now and it's ruining the series. There's a member of the brotherhood (or, as in this case - Butch), some woman, and lots of hesitation (which is then turned into perfect harmony for the remainder of the series...). They all act the exact same way. Ward has done a rather nice job of creating interesting characters (especially the brothers), but then she reduces them to exact copies of one another. I guess there is some logic to it since they are supposed to be animals, not human, but still. I'd love to see some variation here. The deal with the Omega is interesting in this one, and the fact that where that part of the story is concerned, it's not that easy to figure out how it's going to end.

One thing I loved about this book is the increasing weirdness between V and Butch. That part is brilliant. I'm also looking forward to V's story. Since he is moving more and more into focus, I'm guessing that's book number 5.

And about the Old English used during ceremonies, the inflected pronouns: are those correctly used? I wish I'd had a class in Old English so that I could possibly tear that part of the story apart. If it's supposed to be Old English, I have this feeling that the word order Ward uses is way too modern...